Neutrals, light pinks and crisp whites are currently spotted on the streets in Los Angeles to New York to Paris as we move into spring, and I love it! I’m secretly obsessed with these light colored hues and airy fabrics because they instantly make me feel more Parisian chic.
I am in serious need of inspiration and a fresh perspective for spring since my wardrobe’s main color is black… So I branched out and channeled my inner girly side with the soft tone of my CURRENT/ELLIOTT destroyed denim in dusty pink, and paired them with a white tank casually tucked in. I couldn’t resist throwing in a little bit of edginess, so I wore my ankle strapped shoes with a block heel.
I kept my jewelry to a minimum and wore my everyday pieces like my chunky bracelet paired with a delicate cross bracelet, my heavy watch and basic rings. I also wore a heavy, silver necklace to complement the neckline of the tank. Playing with color is one of my goals for spring, so I then threw my red purse over my shoulder as a statement piece.
STEVE MADDEN heels
Do you like the neatural hues and light pink color scheme? Comment below!
*Photo Credit: Ivy Guild // ivyguildart.com
For the girls with sun-kissed cheeks, sandy hair and dark tan lines, summer was made just for us. It’s time to put the top down and head for the beach. The bright sun and clear blue skies in San Diego inspired me to throw out a #tbt to a photo shoot with my sister last summer.
As we shift gears from spring to summer, transitioning our wardrobe can easily put us in a rut. If you’re like me, you are inspired by cool, light color schemes paired with fabrics that move with you in the warm breeze.
The trick to dressing for summer is achieving a balance of layers and colors- something that is simple, yet effortlessly chic. These summer looks embody so many of the things that I love most about fashion: clean lines, fantastic fabrics and bold patterns.
Now is the perfect time to pull out our go-to shirts, worn-in denim and floral patterns. Share an ice cold Coca-Cola with all your friends in the sun and it feels like paradise.
ZARA red skort (similar here)
J. CREW palm tree tank (similar here)
MINK PINK little black dress (similar here)
Feel like you’ve exhausted every outfit combination in your closet? Create a foundation for your wardrobe with six key pieces of clothing for spring. Timeless, classy and anything from ordinary, these must-haves will make you standout where ever you go. Effortlessly build your closet by mixing and matching all of these key pieces to make them your own. Say adios to the morning frustration of deciding what to wear!
- The Signature White Button Down: Crisp, fresh, flattering. It doesn’t get any better than this. This simple shirt says it all with its clean lines and understated look; pair it with light skinny denim, tan sandals and you’re golden. Get the look here.
- The Subtle Quilted Purse: It all started with Coco Chanel’s double flap bag with its soft, quilted leather and gold turn-lock closure. This “It” bag can be found on every woman’s wish list now and for years to come. With various styles, colors and materials, it’s easy to find the perfect bag that best suits you. Get the look here.
- The Unfinished Hemline: Stylish, cropped straight leg jeans detailed with an unfinished hem take denim to a whole new level. Chic and effortlessly cool, the playful look can be worn at any age and transform your outfit into anything but basic. Get the look here.
- The Edgy Ankle Bootie: Pointed toe booties are the ultimate shoe that can transition between any season. The sleek bootie lends to a chic look that will instantly turn heads as you walk down the street. Get the look here.
- The Sleek Leather Skirt: Perfect for the night you want to feel like a Bond girl. Not only is a leather skirt flattering on any figure, it boosts confidence as well (who doesn’t want that?!). Discover leather skirts with zipper details, quilted material and various lengths- find one that matches your style and attitude. Get the look here.
- The Basic T: Nothing compares to a clean cut T with luxuriously soft fabric, draped to perfection. Pair it with denim shorts when going to the beach or throw a leather jacket over it for a night downtown. Get the look here.
What are your favorite things in your closet that you can’t live without? Comment below!